“To train your dog….you must first train yourself.”
Nina’s passion is helping dogs to help people and to hopefully demonstrate to all people the priceless role and endless contribution that dogs bring to our society by helping people learn to provide the few small things dogs need in return for all they give us. By doing this, Nina feels that maybe fewer dogs will end up in our shelters, abandoned, abused, or euthanized.
Nina is actively involved with Shelter Guardians in Rowan County and currently serves as the groups’ Chairman.
Volunteering to help our veterans has always been at the center of Nina’s long history as a pet therapy volunteer. She was then honored to be asked, and complete the task of training the first and only ”resident” therapy dog for W.G. Bill Hefner VA Medical Center Hospice in Salisbury. Nina continues to provide training and support to the staff and to this dog, Semper Fi, most affectionately called Fi. She also continues her therapy work in several local facilities with her two certified therapy dogs.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Owner and certified trainer/behaviorist of Doggie Holiday Boarding & Training.
- Certified trainer with honors from Animal Behavior College.Certified trainer with honors from Animal Behavior College.
- Certificate for Fundamentals of Dog Behavior and Training from Cesar Millan which she completed at his ranch in Santa Clarita, California.Certificate for Fundamentals of Dog Behavior and Training from Cesar Millan which she completed at his ranch in Santa Clarita, California.
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator and an AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Evaluator
- Administrator, Certified Trainer, and Evaluator with Salisbury’s own local AKC recognized therapy dog group Canine Caregivers.
- Founder, Certified Trainer, and Foster for One Dog At a Time Rescue
- Certificate from Wake Forest School of Medicine Northeast AHEC in Animal Assisted Therapy
- Certificate from American Red Cross in Pet CPR and First-Aid.
Contact Nina Dix: